Never Forget - Art in Hall Place Gardens

13:07


Artist: Christie Cassisa --

Made from materials of clay and earth from the surrounding area, the sculpture was left to gradually deteriorate in the winter weather: a poignant reflection of today’s war-torn, troubled world.

"I realised that the deterioration of the two little figures is actually quite beautiful, and the sculpture has been a success. I am so excited that people have been moved to think more deeply and are understanding how it illustrates the psychological changes and shocks that people experience in the reality of war. I have learnt so much about why we remember, about people, and about myself, and I continue to learn. It has been very inspiring!”

- Project artist, Christie Cassisa



  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

GALLERY

Click below for Centrepieces Gallery: